in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Artiyum.7062

Artiyum.7062

Any thoughts on this?

Expansion 2014?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Why do these threads continue to surface? Every week theres like 5 of them. Theres another one a few posts down I believe. This isnt a topic that is subject to debate, like exotic gear vs ascended gear. They have said they have NO plans for an expansion at this time.

They have said no expansion in 2013, no hints at an expansion in 2014. They have said that they currently have no plans for an expansion at all. They are focused on LS. Thats it.

So my thoughts: Will we ever see an expansion? Maybe when the walls of Living Story finally break down and they realize that the concept, as bold and risk taking as it is, does not work in an MMO. Timeframe? 1-2 years.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Expansion 2014?

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Why do these threads continue to surface? Every week theres like 5 of them. Theres another one a few posts down I believe. This isnt a topic that is subject to debate, like exotic gear vs ascended gear. They have said they have NO plans for an expansion at this time.

They have said no expansion in 2013, no hints at an expansion in 2014. They have said that they currently have no plans for an expansion at all. They are focused on LS. Thats it.

So my thoughts: Will we ever see an expansion? Maybe when the walls of Living Story finally break down and they realize that the concept, as bold and risk taking as it is, does not work in an MMO. Timeframe? 1-2 years.

Hmm, I dunno.

I think the LS is more of an trial and error thing, and Scarlet is a ‘placeholder’, if you will.

I mean:

• Look at the backlash Scarlet has gotten. Imagine how much more worse it’d be if they used an established lore character, such as one of the dragons, and written them like Scarlet.
  • Look at the feedback on Southsun. Imagine the backlash if Cantha was implemented like that.
  • Look at the feedback on the Zhaitan fight. I’d say, all in all, the instanced fights since Zhaitan have gotten better.
  • Look at the feedback on world bosses and events. All in all, the mechanics of Scarlet’s invasions and Tequatl are better than at launch (although the player requirements, story and reward distribution [failing Scarlet and farming champs vs succeeding the event] are, IMO, way off the mark).
  • Look at the feedback on achievements. After Dragon Bash, I personally think the requirements improved (e.g. instead of collecting 150 sky crystals, you needed 20-something, but they were harder to get and find).

Now imagine they packed all of this into an expansion. How many do you think they’d sell? How many people do you think would buy another expansion?

I’ve had a tense couple of days, and I’ve got to tell you,
burning someone’s face off sounds like a great way to relax.

Expansion 2014?

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I guess they will announce LW season 2 in March 2014 expanding the explorable part of Tyria

Expansion 2014?

Posted by: Judge Banks.9018

Judge Banks.9018

• Level Cap increase.
  • New gear tier.
  • New legendaries to grind.
  • Crafting level increased.
  • Free level 80 scrolls as second birthday rewards and recruited players.
  • A whole new tier of story with an astonishingly bad climax!

Calling it.

It’d be a miracle if they ever reworked condition damage like promised.

Expansion 2014?

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

few weeks turn around, what kind of quality do you expect? the armor is already getting reskinned.

They are already in lazy/cruising mode, they need a big project to shake up the team morale.

Expansion 2014?

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Well, here’s the thing.

If they make an expansion, we’ll pay 50$ upfront and then we’d have access to ~50 new armor skins, ~150 new weapon skins, a continued personal story with an interesting villain, at least 10 new zones with all new events (more if it’s GW1-style expansions), tons of new dungeons, many new skills, perhaps one or two new professions, etc, etc, etc.

With the living story model, it’s all about the gem store to fund the development, and the gem store offers a lot less per dollar than a full expansion would. Not to mention that there’s no prestige stuff like hard-to-get armors because you just pay 10$ for the gem store armors. It’s not interesting.